Serve up our new, plant-based protein take on a dinner favorite. Just crumble and cook this plant protein the same way you would ground beef and add it to this tasty sauce. It’s a simple recipe so beloved by friends and family alike, you’ll be forced to evaluate your stance on the noodle slurping rule. It’s the sincerest form of kitchen flattery.
- 1lb of HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ plant-based ground
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 16-ounce package spaghetti pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook plant-based ground with onion and garlic until it is browned, breaking it up with a fork so it cooks evenly.
- Add pasta sauce to plant-based ground mixture.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, while the pasta cooks.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain well and place on serving plate.
- Top with sauce, sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately & enjoy!
Plant-based pasta alternatives:
- Green Lentil
- Mung Bean
- Black Bean
- Green Bean