Serve up our new, plant-based protein take on a dinner favorite. Just crumble and cook this plant protein the same way you would ground beef and add it to this tasty sauce. It’s a simple recipe so beloved by friends and family alike, you’ll be forced to evaluate your stance on the noodle slurping rule. It’s the sincerest form of kitchen flattery.
- 1 (16-ounce) package HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ unseasoned plant-based ground product
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti pasta*
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
*Plant based pasta alternatives:
Chickpea, green lentil, mung bean, edamame, black bean, green bean, soybean, shirataki
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground product, onion and garlic 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to break up ground product.
- Add pasta sauce to ground mixture. Bring to simmer; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti and place on serving plate. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving