Whether you’ve come down with a queso the Mondays or you’ve decided that party prep is nacho thing, these plant-based proteins are the perfect topping for creating your favorite shareable snack in a pinch. Now all you have to worry about is what counts as “just one nacho.”
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1lb of HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ plant-based ground
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 bags tortilla chips (16 oz each)
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- On the stovetop, brown the plant-based ground and diced onions over medium-high heat until fully cooked (about 8 minutes).
- Return the plant-based ground to the pan, and sprinkle on the taco seasoning.
- Stir in 3/4 cup water, bring it to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer until the liquid mostly evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- While the plant-based ground is cooking, add a generous layer of chips to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon on beans, half on each pan. (The beans will spread with the heat of the oven.)
- Spoon on half the plant-based ground to each pan of chips.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle on diced tomatoes and green onions and any other desired toppings. Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Shredded Lettuce