Whether you’ve come down with a queso the Mondays or you’ve decided that party prep is nacho thing, these plant-based proteins are the perfect topping for creating your favorite shareable snack in a pinch. Now all you have to worry about is what counts as “just one nacho.”
- 1 (16-ounce) package HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ unseasoned plant-based ground product
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-ounce) bags tortilla chips
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, guacamole, olives, jalapeños, cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground product and onion 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to break up product. Stir in water and seasoning mix. Cook and stir over low heat 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread a generous layer of chips over two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Spoon refried beans over chips. Spoon seasoned ground product over each pan of chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle diced tomatoes, green onions and desired toppings over chips.