When a busy week calls for a plant-powered protein powerplay, these peppers are an absolute gamechanger. You can now pack your peppers with more plant-based goodness than you ever thought possible. You’ll definitely want to pat yourself on the back after this one.
- 6 bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 1 (16-ounce) package HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ unseasoned plant-based ground product
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cooked white rice, quinoa or barley
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, guacamole, olives, jalapeños, cilantro, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Trim tops off each bell pepper and remove seeds and membrane. Place bell peppers upright in greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground product and onion 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to break up ground product. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, cooked rice, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon mixture into each bell pepper. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Nutritional Information per serving