This cold-weather classic is sure to come in clutch for an easy slow cooker creation or become a tasty, plant-based twist on everyone’s favorite tailgating tradition. In a season filled with tempting treats, always have this tasty go-to on standby.
- 2lb of HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ plant-based ground
- 1 medium onion finely cubed
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- ½ medium green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2½ tsp chili powder
- Brown plant-based ground in a large pot over med-high heat, breaking up the meat while stirring.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add diced carrot, bell pepper and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring as needed.
- Pour in diced tomatoes with juice, add beans, broth and seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Turn heat down to a gentle boil and allow chili to cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally (longer if meat and vegetables aren’t desired tenderness).
- Taste chili and add additional seasonings if needed. Turn o_ heat and allow chili to rest 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Red onions