This cold-weather classic is sure to come in clutch for an easy slow cooker creation or become a tasty, plant-based twist on everyone’s favorite tailgating tradition. In a season filled with tempting treats, always have this tasty go-to on standby.
- 2 (16-ounce) packages HAPPY LITTLE PLANTS™ unseasoned plant-based ground product
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Toppings: sour cream, green onion, jalapeños, avocados, red onions, cilantro, if desired
- In large pot over medium-high heat, cook ground product 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up product while stirring.
- Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add carrot, bell pepper and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes with juice, beans, and seasonings. Stir well to combine. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Nutritional Information per serving